Take part in fun Sparks filmmaking sessions with Curious Minds.
Explore different filmmaking skills and techniques to produce unique movies. All the activities are designed to be hands-on and practical. There are skill-building workshop activities and lots of opportunity for creative collaboration.
Wednesdays, 11am – 1pm
20 January – 10 February
The Sparks online filmmaking workshops offer fun and collaborative explorations of filmmaking.
Each online course offers young movie makers the chance to to develop their skills, to collaborate with others and to make their own productions. Participation helps to inspire ideas and imagination, as well as facilitate friendships through online creative collaboration.
Workshop activities and creative projects are led by our qualified Sparks instructors, who supervise all contact time.
By the end of each course, movie makers will have developed their key filmmaking skills and will have also produced their own film projects.
Collaboration & Creative Learning
All the activities are designed to be hands-on and practical, much like our face-to-face programmes. There are skill-building workshop activities and plenty of opportunities for creative collaboration.
Participants will be challenged through their own individual work and through collective group projects. Throughout, they will be developing a variety of different filmmaking skills, including visual storytelling and cinematography.
We welcome along any level of experience. Our team ensure everyone is working at the right level.
There isn’t any need to have taken part in any Sparks courses previously.
- Key filmmaking skills, linked to directing, camera/cinematography, screenwriting, editing and acting for camera
- Working collaboratively with others on individual film projects
- Different methods for successfully telling stories on screen
- How to respond to a variety of artistic inspirations and interpretations
- Individual practice and personal style as a filmmaker
- You’ll need two devices: one to access our virtual classroom (such as a laptop or a tablet) and one to film with (such as a phone, or a camcorder/digital camera)
- You’ll also need a reliable internet connection, suitable for streaming video or using online conferences/video calls
- All tuition is live, with workshop activities led by our team of Sparks instructors (everyone is qualified and DBS-checked).