Online Filmmaking Courses
Action-Packed Online Filmmaking Courses for Ages 7-14
Our online filmmaking courses offer fun and collaborative explorations of filmmaking from home.
Each online course offers young movie makers the chance to to develop their skills, to collaborate with others and to gain a recognised Arts Award qualification.
Participation helps to inspire ideas and imagination, as well as facilitate friendships through online creative collaboration.
“He really has loved it… It’s been so good for his confidence – he is actually achieving something in a field he only dreamed about. He just needed that skillset and advice to get him going – and Sheena’s been doing a wonderful job.”
Each of our online filmmaking courses provides live contact time, with additional activities to take place independently.
Workshop activities and creative projects are led by our qualified Sparks instructors, who supervise all contact time.
By the end of each course, movie makers will have developed their key filmmaking skills and will have also produced their own film projects.
They will also be eligible to enter for a Trinity Arts Award qualification at either Explore or Bronze Level.
“We wanted to say a massive thank you. I was really impressed by the content. I teach A-Level Photography, you were covering a lot of material I teach my 16-18 year old students.
I was really impressed how the children completed their artist research and confidently applied the techniques they learnt to their films.”
Collaboration & Creative Learning
All the activities are designed to be hands-on and practical, much like our face-to-face programmes. There are skill-building workshop activities and plenty of opportunities for creative collaboration.
Participants will be challenged through their own individual work and through collective group projects. Throughout, they will be developing a variety of different filmmaking skills, including visual storytelling and cinematography.
We welcome along any level of experience. Our team ensure everyone is working at the right level.
You can take part from anywhere in the world. There isn’t any need to have taken part in any Sparks courses previously.
- Key filmmaking skills, linked to directing, camera/cinematography, screenwriting, editing and acting for camera
- Working collaboratively with others on individual film projects
- Different methods for successfully telling stories on screen
- How to respond to a variety of artistic inspirations and interpretations
- Individual practice and personal style as a filmmaker
- You can take part in online filmmaking courses from anywhere in the world, but please be aware that the programme is live (hosted with an instructor) in spoken English.
- You’ll need two devices: one to access our virtual classroom (such as a laptop or a tablet) and one to film with (such as a phone, or a camcorder/digital camera)
- You’ll also need a reliable internet connection, suitable for streaming video or using online conferences/video calls
- Filmmakers will be part of a community group online. There will be a maximum of 20 young filmmakers (in peer age groups), though you’ll mostly be working in smaller teams of 4-5.
- All tuition is live, with workshop activities led by our team of Sparks instructors (everyone is qualified and DBS-checked). There are short breaks within the sessions.
- There are also some additional activities to complete (linked to the Arts Award scheme). You can do these in your own time and submit any video assignments to us by the deadlines.
Available Dates & Times:
Future course dates will be announced shortly. If you’d like to be updated, please pop your details in below and we’ll contact you when course details are available.